Boat Pose or Navasana
This posture uses your full body, your energy extends from your core or solar plexus, out to your neck, head and limbs. It also improves balance and digestion, stretches your hamstrings strengthens your spine and hip flexors, stimulates the kidneys, thyroid and prostate glands, and intestines, it also provides aid in stress relief.
- <<Exhale>> Begin in a seated position, with your back straight, expand your rib cage then contract your abs (pull in the navel in toward the spine) use your chest space for breathing, not the stomach, keeping your feet flexed
- >>Inhale<< Slowly lean backward, bending your knees, bringing your feet to the floor, keep your back straight and find the balance on your sitting bones
- <<Exhale>> Slowly raise your heels off the floor then point your toes, extend your arms forward keeping them parallel to the floor, balance your weight on the rounding of your butt
- >>Inhale<< Keep your abs contracted and spine extended upward as you lift both feet off the mat, keeping the knees bent or straightening the legs, so that the toes are pointed toward the sky, (Hold this position for 15 seconds breathing deeply) then return to starting position.
- (Repeat x5) Then lay flat on your back with your body relaxed in savanna for 1 minute or more, palms of your hands are turned upward.
To learn more YWS, Check out my video gallery for more tutorials! Peace!